We specialise in both Criminal and Civil litigation. We regularly represent clients in Magistrates Courts, Crown Courts and County Courts in Huntingdon, Peterborough, Cambridge and Bedford.
We carry out civil and criminal litigation work on a Private Client basis. We may still be able to obtain Legal Aid on some Criminal matters, but these are very limited.
At Wilkinson and Butler, we have a team of experienced Solicitors who have been advising, representing and obtaining excellent results for clients for many years.
If you need advice or representation in respect of any motoring matters, you need to contact us. Professional and reliable, we are here to get the best possible result we can for you.
We can assist you in respect all driving matters; here are a few common examples:
‘Special Reasons’ – With some offences, you may be technically guilty of an offence, but there may be some unusual circumstances that can be argued to avoid a ban and to be given points instead. For example – if there was an emergency and you were taking someone to hospital or if your drinks were spiked.
We are friendly, approachable and want to help you. Fixed fees are available and we cover courts at Huntingdon, Bedford, Peterborough and Cambridge. We can travel further on request.
So if you are facing any driving related allegations please contact us!
Reclaiming Payment Protection Insurance (PPI)
If you have ever had a credit card, loan or mortgage and paid PPI, it is possible you were mis-sold Payment Protection Insurance and can claim this back.
PPI is a premium you would have paid monthly to cover your payments in the event of you having an accident, being ill or losing your job.
You were potentially mis-sold PPI if any of the following apply:
1. You were told it was compulsory – or the company were pushy and made you feel that you had to take it out;
2. You did not realise that you had been paying PPI; sometimes there is an opt out tick box – especially if applying online which people miss;
3. You were already covered; if you had a policy with someone else;
4. If you had an pre-existing medical conditions; these are unlikely to have been covered by the policy and you should have been informed of this;
5. If you were self-employed/unemployed or retired at the time of taking the PPI out; depending on the terms of the PPI it was worthless.
If you are not sure whether you had PPI we can find out for you as long as you know the name of the bank or Credit Card Company.
Let us help you recover your money now!
Wilkinson and Butler Solicitors operates on a ‘No Win No Fee’ basis. You do not have to pay fees upfront. Our fee only becomes payable on the successful outcome of a claim. A cancellation fee is payable if you decide to cancel your agreement with us after 14 days of having instructed us.
Do you have a question or want to make an appointment to discuss this area?
Give us a call on +44 1480 219229 or use our contact form.